we are pleased to welcome you back to the Museum am Rothenbaum Kulturen und Künste der Welt (MARKK) as of May 18, 2021!
We recommend visiting with pre-registration to avoid wait times. Registration is possible online via this link. Accompanying offers such as guided tours, demonstrations, musical performances and museum educational events of all kinds will unfortunately have to be cancelled for the time being, and the museum gastronomy will also remain closed. If you come to the MARKK, we ask you to refrain from carrying large pieces of luggage. Our checkrooms are currently closed. In addition, we ask that you bring your own medical mouth and nose protection.
Guided tours and events are not available at this time. An overview of the MARKK’s interactive online offerings can be found at MARKK Digital.
The library opens to individuals by appointment only.
Please note the following addition to the house rules for visitors:
- please bring a valid (rapid) test/vaccination certificate.
- wearing medical masks is mandatory.
- if you feel sick and feverish, we must ask you to refrain from visiting the MARKK for everyone’s protection.
- please understand that at the entrance we will make sure that only a limited number of visitors:inside are in the MARKK at the same time, while maintaining the minimum distance.
- if there are any waiting times, please observe the distance markings.
Please keep the required distance of at least 1.5 meters from other persons, including our supervisors and MARKK employees, within the rooms. Please move around the rooms carefully and cautiously.
- please approach the cash desk one by one and follow the instructions of our team.
- please pay your entrance fee by card if possible.
- please wash your hands in the washrooms and please do not touch objects or surfaces unnecessarily. Disinfectants are also available for your use in the foyer.
- Our coat check is not staffed for security reasons. Please keep coats and jackets on and lock large bags in the lockers. If possible, do not bring larger bags or backpacks. Please note that the number of lockers is limited.
- the measures listed here are considered a condition for entering the MARKK and must be observed without exception.
For the latest information, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on our social media channels on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube!